Resident I & II Members, please sign into our East Room network with your specific network log in credentials. The below credentials will not provide access to your VPN.
Club Membership WiFi:
*These credentials are only for Club Member use. Guests may not access the Members' network. Sharing Membership network credentials with non East Room Members may result in membership termination.
*If you are not a Club Member, please do not log in under these credentials. This will not provide access to your VPN.
Once on our network, you will be able to connect to our printers. They are IP printers. It is important to install the correct driver for your specific device if your computer does not automatically do so during the set up process.
For instructions on how to add an IP printer to a Mac, click here. For instructions on how to add an IP printer to a PC, click here. PC users, please ensure that you do not select the "Query this printer" option.
First Floor Printer: 10.1.50.50
Second Floor Printer: 10.1.50.51
If you have any trouble connecting to either of these services, please see reception for assistance.
VOIP PHONE SERVICES
VOIP Phone Services are available exclusively through East Room for Resident I and II Members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set this up.
ENTRY AND ACCESS
East Room Members have 24/7 access to the workspace. Reception is open from 9AM-5PM Mondays through Fridays.
All guests are required to sign in at reception upon arrival and must be accompanied by the hosting Member at all times. Members must retrieve guests from the reception area. Coat check is available at reception for Members and guests. Leaving guests unattended in the space may result in membership termination.
Members are permitted two guests in the space at at time. All guests are required to sign in at reception. Members may not have the same guests in the space more than twice a week. Exceptions for extended guest lists may be made on a case-by-case basis with 24 hours notice. Any more than two guests at a time will be considered a special request and must be approved by East Room personnel.
East Room is committed to fostering a harassment-free workplace and membership club where all members, employees and guests are treated with respect and dignity.Harassment at East Room is not tolerated. Any individual found to have harassed another individual may be subject to disciplinary action, including membership termination. This includes any individual who: interferes with the resolution of a harassment complaint; retaliates against an individual for filing a harassment complaint; or files an unfounded harassment complaint intended to cause harm.Please report any issues to your Community Manager.
BOARDROOM BOOKINGS AND CATERING
All meetings of 4 or more people must be contained to a boardroom. Boardrooms can be booked online through our website with your individual log in credentials.
East Room's exclusive in house caterer is Don's Bread and Wine. Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.
Reception is available to receive and pass on outgoing mail. All incoming packages will be held for 48 hours. We ask that members promptly pick up items delivered to the space. Any unclaimed mail or deliveries will be returned to the sender after 10 days. Packages can be a maximum weight of 30lbs and/or 3ft x 3ft x 3ft. Oversized or heavy items may be refused.
When leaving outgoing items at reception, please ensure that a courier has been scheduled prior to dropping off the item at reception. We will require the courier details to accept the item at the front desk.
All courier services facilitated by the front desk will have a $5 service fee added. Oversized parcels may incur a larger service fee at East Room's discretion.
East Room Members are permitted to have guests with them up to twice a week in the space. Members are not permitted more than two guests at a time. Any guest groups larger than 2 must be pre-approved by East Room personnel and a boardroom is required. Any group larger than 8 is considered a formal event and must be requested to East Room by the Member. East Room reserves the right to decline any event requests at our discretion.
East Room is available for event bookings on a case-by-case basis. All Member inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please maintain a respectful noise level in the communal areas. Specific quiet work areas include west windows on both floors, the library, second floor harvest table and the second floor lounge beside Boardroom 2.
There are absolutely no pets allowed at East Room. This applies to the entire building, including but not limited to common areas, office spaces, desk spaces, or pre booked boardrooms.
General parking for East Room Members is available in the lower lot at the North side of the building. Parking spaces with a single “East Room” sign are available for use.
There are two Green P parking lots in close proximity to East Room. One is located at 136 Broadview Avenue which has 22 spaces and is $1.00 every half hour. The other is 111 Broadview Avenue and it has 92 spaces at a rate of $1.25 every half hour.
There is also all day parking after 10AM on Munro St, Don Mt Ct, and Hamilton St which are the streets parallel to Carroll. Carroll Street parking is a one hour limit and free.
LOST AND FOUND
Members may bring any items found in the space to reception. Any unclaimed items will be donated after 30 days.
As a space that connects work, leisure and culture, East Room has built out a multitude of cultural programming initiatives to engage and develop our Members. These programs range from art to health and wellness, business workshops, educational talks, musical performances and more. East Room Members are privy to attending all internal programming, RSVP is available online - be sure you’re logged in to see all Members-only event postings.
Our programs include but are not limited to Business Builders, Work Well, Nike Run Club, Room Service and Meet the Member. These programs are an opportunity for Members to learn, grow, interact and build in both formal and informal environments alongside each other.
As a part of the local community, East Room has created strategic partnerships with some of our neighbouring businesses in the city. The Affiliates program extends unique pricing to our membership base, creating access points throughout the city for our Members to enjoy at an advantage. Affiliates listed online. Members must be logged in to access preferred rates.
Proud of or diverse membership base, East Room is always looking to showcase and connect our Members with each other and other strategic partnership opportunities. We feature new Members monthly online and on our Instagram page. We love sharing your achievements and are happy to post these on our media outlets as well.
MEET THE MEMBER
East Room also hosts a monthly program called Meet the Member that all Members are encouraged to take part in both with attendance and hosting. Please send any information or Member feature interest to email@example.com.
- If an East Room Member would like to pause their Club Membership Agreement, they may do so by the 15th of the month prior.
- Club Memberships on hold will be reduced to $50.00/month plus HST. East Room will continue mail reception and notification services.
- Any month(s) that a Membership is on hold will not count towards the term in your Membership Agreement.
- Club Membership Holds are at the discretion of East Room.
- Once an agreement term has been fulfilled, East Room Memberships will automatically go month to month.
- East Room requires two full months notice to close a Membership, including to close the Membership at the end of the initial term signed for.
Full details available in your Membership Agreement.
Your East Room Membership Card is your account identification card for both building access and membership information.
When entering the building, do not permit others to gain access through the doors when using your card access.
Do not loan or give your card to anyone. Only the assigned cardholder has East Room access privileges and the cards are activated on an individual account basis, associated to members’ names. Anyone found giving their card to another individual will lose access privileges.
Building Access Information:
- Upon receipt of the contract and access card for which you have signed, this card gives you 24/7 and holiday access to East Room.
- Your guests are required to sign into the log book at the reception desk, indicating the time and your name as well as a license plate number if parked on East Room property.
- Do not leave guests unattended under any circumstances.
- In case of an emergency, East Room personnel must to be able to notify fire and police units responding to the emergency call of how many people are in the building.
- When exiting the building make sure the doors close and lock before you walk away from the building.
- Any cards being utilized by any individual other than the Member it is assigned to will be deactivated and a replacement card purchase will be required.
When entering East Room:
- Tap the access card to the access card panel at the main entrance doors. Upon entering through the glass door, please have guests sign in.
- Do not enter through the North East stairwell.
- Do not enter through the stairwell door.
- Do not enter through the South West loading dock.
- Do not try to access any other floors except your designated floor(s).
- Do not allow any one to enter East Room behind you, especially on weekends and in the evening.
- Do not go behind the reception desk. Access to mail and deliveries is available only when East Room personnel are available to assist you.
If you lose your card or have trouble using it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately or call 416 628 5333.
Access to East Room comes with responsibilities which are necessary for the safety of the individual and the building. Members are not to:
- To not bring in pets, bicycles, skateboards and roller blades as they are not permitted for use in East Room.
- To be respectful of the working environment at East Room and adjust voice and additional noise levels accordingly.
- To not block, prop open or obstruct in any way the front door, elevator door, stairwell door or any other entrances to the building as this is a breach in security.
- To not permit others to gain access with your card.
- To not loan or give your card to anyone.
- When accessing the doors to wait for them to close and lock completely upon entering and or exiting the building.
- To stay out of any unauthorized areas and areas which could be of any safety concern.
- To not sleep overnight at East Room.
- To evacuate the building when required (fire alarm, power outage, per a security request, etc.)
- To follow all East Room rules and policies
- To call 911 and alert East Room personnel immediately if there is a problem or emergency.
Most importantly: Do not jeopardize your personal safety.
If you see an intruder attempting to forcibly enter the building or you notice any suspicious behaviour, report it immediately. Do not approach any suspicious characters on your own.
- When fire alarms sound and emergency lights are flashing, please evacuate the building immediately in an orderly fashion.
- Do not waste valuable time collecting belongings.
- Please walk immediately to the exit stairwells.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Upon exiting the building, gather across the street from the building as a safety measure.
- Do not re-enter the building until the fire department has given you permission to do so.
- Do not try to silence the alarm yourself. The alarm company will automatically respond.
- Fire equipment may not be removed or tampered with. It is against the law to block fire exits and/or to obstruct passage tot he outside (i.e. working in the stairwells and storing large equipment).
In case of a plumbing failure (i.e. flooding), broken windows or other emergencies, contact reception immediately at 416 628 5333.
Please note: You must have your building access card on you at all times. if a security guard is doing their security checks, you must provide your access card as requested. If you cannot produce your card, you will be asked to leave the building should the check be unable to verify your identity (this is outside of office hours).
There is absolutely no smoking permitted inside the building. Smoking or using illegal substances in East Room will constitute immediate grounds for membership termination.
It is strictly forbidden to set up any power tools and/or electrical appliances, other than those already provided by East Room (refrigerators, microwaves, etc.)
Do not move furniture, hang items from the ceiling, lighting fixtures, sprinkler pipes, paint walls, put tape on painted surfaces or remove or damage equipment.
Do not change any existing facilities arrangements without the permission of East Room personnel.
All trash must be placed in the appropriate receptacles. All personal belongings and projects must be confined to the area of your work space; East Room is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please be responsible of your personal belongings. Please keep all aisles free and clear. This is necessary for your safety.
East Room is not responsible for personal equipment losses because of theft, power surges, etc. If items are stolen please report this immediately to the reception desk or email@example.com.
Departing members are expected to leave the workspace is clean and orderly condition.
All Members who have picked up access cards have agreed that they have reviewed and understand the security procedures outlined in this agreement and agree that they will adhere to the rules and regulations set forth.
As East Room is a shared workspace, we make a strong effort to ensure that all Members are comfortable with equal access to the building. There are no photoshoots between the hours of 8AM-6PM Mondays through Fridays.
All photoshoots must be approved 1 business day in advance by East Room personnel. This includes both small and large scale photoshoots. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anything requiring filming and/or a crew size of more than two must be formally booked through email@example.com.
Any unapproved photoshoots may lead to immediate membership termination. All approved photoshoot requests will receive a confirmation email with written consent and a signed location agreement.